Africa Writes 2017 Pop-Up: Bristol
Friday 6 October 2017 at The Cube Cinema, Dove St S, Avon, Bristol BS2 8JD
Saturday 7 October 2017 at Hamilton House, 80 Stokes Croft, BS1 3QY Bristol, United Kingdom
The Royal African Society ’s annual literature festival comes to Bristol!
Africa Writes Pop-Up: Bristol presents exciting series of events celebrating contemporary African literature and thought.
With book launches, film screenings, discussions, family activities, workshops, and a poetry night, the festival brings you a vibrant programme showcasing the best new writing from the continent and the Diaspora. Featuring:
• Chinelo Okparanta (Under The Udala Trees)
• Jowhor Ile (And After Many Days)
• Half of a Yellow Sun screening & discussion
• Workshops on Creative Writing & Arts Management
• The Secret of the Purple Lake storytelling workshop with Yaba Badoe(Cassava Republic)
• Discussion on Literary Activism and Africa
• Poetry & music night hosted by Numbi Arts & Ujima Radio 98fm Djs
The majority of the festival is free and open to all, and the full programme will be announced soon on www.africawrites.org
Brought to you by the Royal African Society in partnership with University of Bristol, Numbi Arts, Afrika Eye Film Festival, Ujima Radio 98fm, Spike Island, Center for African Cultural Excellence (CACE), Coexist at Hamilton House and others.