Our Lifetime Membership is for those who are real advocates of the Royal African Society’s values and mission and want to support the organisation’s work for years to come. As a Lifetime member you will enjoy our wide range of membership benefits indefinitely.
- Joint membership with the African Studies Association of the UK (ASAUK), the primary organisation that facilitates links between UK and African institutions and scholars.
- Opportunities to network with like-minded people interested in Africa and establish professional connections and partnerships.
- Share and receive news in our members’ newsletters.
- Subscription to African Affairs, the world’s top-rated African Studies journal (worth £82).
- Access to SOAS Library, the world’s largest reference library on Africa (worth £200).
- Discounted tickets to the ASAUK Biennial Conference (worth £85).
- Free or discounted entry to our programme of public events, where we tackle some of the most pressing issues affecting the continent today.
- Opportunity to feed into the advocacy and policy work of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Africa, which we administer.
- Priority booking and discounted tickets to our cultural festivals Africa Writes and Film Africa.
- Exclusive invitations to high-profile celebratory events, such as the reception with our Royal Patron, HRH The Duke of Cambridge, and other members-only events.
- Discounts on subscriptions to other journals and publications, including The Africa Report (30% off 1st year), the African Arguments Insider’s newsletter (30%) and selected books with publishers James Currey and Boydell & Brewer.
- Third party discounts brokered through our partnerships.
Support our work
- Your life membership makes a huge difference to our charitable mission of amplifying African voices and interests and facilitating mutual understanding between people in the UK, Africa and the wider world.
It is possible to pay for Lifetime membership in up to 3 installments. If you pay via bank transfer, there are no fees payable and the full amount goes to the charity. To enquire, please contact email@example.com.
Have you considered leaving a gift in your will to the Royal African Society? A charity legacy is a powerful way of reflecting your life, values and experiences, and having an important impact on the lives of others. Find out more.